The Botman Diaries

Discussion in 'Off the Wall' started by DripFedFred, Mar 25, 2015.

1. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

March 14th 2015

Dear Diary,

6 spheres today. I found 3 in Poisoned Brook, I felt alive again temporarily, I could feel the tears on my cheeks, it's been weeks since I could feel the tears. Some of the other alliance members were sphere hunting. I told them I had checked swamp of sorrows when really I was in Hemp Field. I knew it was wrong but I couldn't control myself.

Botman.
  2. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

March 15th 2015

Dear Diary,

It happened again. Woke up this morning with another severed head. I recognise the eyes.

Botman
  3. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

March 18th 2015

Dear Diary,

People are talking about an advertising campaign to bring new players back to the game, they blame the decline on Bone and techs and elite pvp. Nobody suspects the truth and we.... I won't tell them.

Botman
  4. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

March 21st 2015

Dear Diary,

1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
    2 to 3 tablespoons cold water

That will make the crust nice and crispy. Just the way mother used to.

Botman
  5. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

March 22nd 2015

Dear Diary,

50 people online today. Where did they all come from, so many people. I was fishing peacefully on my own and someone got on the boat and started fishing.. Fishing on the boat next to me. I couldn't breath, I broke two poles without a single free usage. He kept talking to me, asking me if I'd caught anything good, I tried to fight it, I tried to be nice...

Botman
  6. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

March 23rd 2015

Dear Diary,

They found a body this morning floating in the SeaStone docks, poor soul must have fallen overboard trying to reel in a sandshark. What a horrible way to go.

Sphere hunting again this morning. Didn't find any on my first 6 runs of the map, halfway through run 7 I realised my throat was bleeding from all the screaming. I didn't even know I had opened my mouth, the doctor said I'd had another 'episode' he does make me laugh.

Botman
  7. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

April 12th 2015

Dear Diary,

Back down to 30 players online. The walls have stopped staring at me. I'm going to need to get a new chest freezer for the basement. The old one is struggling to contain my work.

Botman
  8. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

April 19th 2015

Dear Diary,

There's talk that they might close the servers, the advertising apparently failed and more old players have vanished. They can't close it. There's still spheres to pick. THEY .. CANT.. CLOSE ... IT. Maybe if I just tell them, maybe if they see all the new spheres I've collected maybe if they just understand my plan.

Botman
  9. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

June 1st 2015

Dear Diary,

They left me no choice. They were going to close it, throw it all away. I tried everything to make them stop. I had to show them my vision. They had to know why they can't take away my spheres.

I asked DanElectro to meet me. I told him I had the answer. I knew where we could find players.

He has to understand I just needed the spheres.

Botman
  10. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

June 2nd 2015

My nose was sweating with excitement. I had never shown anyone my spheres before, they couldn't take them once they knew. It would all be ok. Dan would help. yes yes yes. He just needed to see.

Dan didn't understand, he was just like the others. I thought he would be different, but in the end he's just another.. another sphere. 20 players left. But I got 19 spheres today 19! I treated myself to 3 hours sleep to celebrate.

Botman
  11. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

June 5th 2015

Tried to login this morning at 4:59am, normal time but it just said 'error connecting to server'. No worries, I'll go get some sleep, have a shower and some breakfast then try again.

5:03am, tried again. Still nothing, the walls are licking their lips. They won't stop yodeling at me!

11am I read the news on the website. Server closed due to lack of activity. I need more spheres. They don't understand. Nobody understands!

Botman
  12. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

June 6th 2015

I went down to the basement again to visit my spheres. The server will be back up soon, it has to be. And when it does there will be so many unpicked up spheres. I can't sleep, I might miss them.

Botman
  13. TopicStarter Overlay
    DripFedFred

DripFedFred Mayor

June 7th 2015

The worst has happened.

The basement freezer didn't shut properly, my spheres are ruined. I tried to salvage what I could but the eyes of my Dan Electro sphere are already liquidizing. My whole collection, gone. I.. I just wanted to keep the server quiet so I could farm my spheres in peace. They kept taking them!! Taking MY spheres! I had to have something! I needed spheres.

I spent the night laying with them, the maggots tickled my belly but it felt nice. My spheres would be ok, and the server would be up in the morning. I just need a few more spheres...

Botman
    Kiki and agreynel like this.